Ron, you have me thoroughly confused. The Millennium II only has one tone unless the staccato audio is turned on, and the staccato audio doesn't have a low or high tone. The volume level and duration of the staccato audio can be set if you have chip version 2.2 with the required resistor installed, but not the frequency of the audio tone. If there's interference or sensitivity is set too high the LED's can jump around, but if not you should be getting a lock on coins up to at least 6 to 8 inches. The Barons read upscale on deeper coins and a large cent will ID as a half dollar if it's maybe 9 inches or more from the coil. In Standard Disc all metal mode you should be getting the normal all metal audio, the threshold audio only gets louder when the coil is swung over a metal target, and there are no other tones unless you have the staccato audio turned on and go over a target that triggers it. I don't think there's anything in the literature about it, but the Standard Disc modes have to be turned off for the regular disc modes to work correctly or at all. The info below explains how to set up the two Stardard Disc modes, if you follow the directions correctly you shouldn't have a problem setting up the Standard Disc all metal mode for nugget hunting unless something is wrong with your detector.
Standard Discrimination Mode--Main Menu LED position #9
General programming procedure:
1) Select the Motion mode to control Motion mode Standard Discrimination or......
2) Select All Metal mode to control All Metal mode Standard Discrimination.
3) Tap the Menu Key - Main Menu activation indicated by flashing LED.
4) Using the Left and Right Key move the flashing LED to position #9.
5) Tap the Enter Key - Standard Discrimination Sub-Menu entered.
6) Select Discrimination level using one or two LEDs.
Note: Flashing LED represents numbers 0,1,2,3,4...........9
Solid On LED represents numbers 10,20,30........100
7) Exit Standard Discrimination Sub-Menu using one of the following:
A) Toggle the Baron Toggle Switch to return to normal operation or......
B) Tap the Menu Key to return to normal operation or......
C) Tap the Enter Key to return to Main Menu.
« Back to index