'KEEP THE EXPERENCE'
Posted by Bill Alcorn on 4/30/2018, 9:22 am
I am running for re-election to position #3 on the MUD board. I have served for over ten years and have the experience to move forward with the needed updates that the bond will allow the district to accomplish. Some of the items on the bond have already been accomplished and the major item on the bond item is ready for the engineer to present to the board for approval. After board approval, work will begin on greatly reducing the "Smell" of the waste water plant. The reason this work has not been done is the lack of a large amount of capital ($1,600,000) and other projects that will use the $4.4 million that is being requested. |
A brief summary of what the district has done in the past ten years without an increase in your taxes, and I am very proud to have been part of these upgrades and modifications to our water and waste system along with the remodeling of the MUD building.
* A back up water supply with the completion of the well
* Worked with FEMA to clean up the canal system after IKE (both B.V. and O.B.)
* Installation of new mixing equipment to blend surface and well water
* Installation of new water control housing and platform
* Installation of RFID meter system for more accurate meter readings and to reduce man hours used to read meters
* Installation of new equipment for proper mixing of LAS and Chlorine
* installation of a new SCADA system to control plant operations
* Elevate all equipment that could be affected by storm surge
* install a waste water recovery system to reduce water purchases from our supplier. (A bond item)
* Remodeled the MUD building
* Partnered with the Fire Dept for uniform fire billing.
* Per city request, assumed the collection for solid waste, reducing the cost and making it fair for all citizens.
* Worked with the Board to install a fair vacation and sick leave policy for all employees.
* Got Board approval to have employees covered under workmans comp and disability. (used twice)
Daily duties include, but are not limited to, working with the engineers, attorney, accountant, Gulf Coast Water Authority, Brazos Valley Coalition, Highland Bayou Watershed Group, ACOE, Galveston County Emergency Group, insurance companies, and interacting with home owners when required on various job sites, and supervising and directing the daily affairs in the office.
I am asking for your vote and I have the time to be a "FULL TIME DIRECTOR" and would appreciate your vote.
Thank you, Bill Alcorn< Position #3, 'KEEP THE EXPERIENCE'