Something from my past
Posted by JERRY on November 29, 2017, 3:28 pm
Today while clearing out the loft I came across this which bought back some great memories.I grew up in Barnes London and started biking in 1960. At the age of 17 I heard about a new motorcycle club that had just started up very close to me near Hammersmith bridge. The club was called the "Friendly motorcycle club" and was started up by a couple of Vincent riders that had become very disillusioned by the unfriendliness and snobbery of the Vincent owners club, and this was in the 60's! The reason they gave it this name was to try and make this a very friendly club open to all riders of all makes of bike, and it worked. We had plenty of club runs and also some evening club quiz run outs. I remember a visit from Father Shergold from the 59 club and he invited us to a church bike blessing. This wasn't a church club even though it was in a church hall and most of us were non believers anyway!
The club secretary made the club great and I even rode with him to the first Dragon Rally. I wonder how many of the original club members are still around and still riding today. Happy Daze.
The oldest rocker in town!
- Re: Something from my past - geoff the bonnie November 29, 2017, 3:42 pm
- Re: Something from my past - GreasyOnions November 29, 2017, 4:30 pm
- Re: Something from my past - CrazyFrog November 29, 2017, 5:01 pm
- Re: Something from my past - Z-Bend November 29, 2017, 6:10 pm
- Re: Something from my past - a10 newbie November 29, 2017, 6:20 pm
Thank you for your support...