Overseas bike buyer
Posted by Dave on April 6, 2018, 10:28 am
I have been approached by a buyer from abroad who is interested in buying my bike for a European tour, however he says he will need a British address to register the bike to ?, and has asked if he could use my address for this purpose.
I have never come across this before, and means basically that only the owners name would change on the log book? but any parking /speeding tickets etc would come to my address even though in a different name.
Anyone come across this before when either selling or maybe buying for a trip in another country?.
He does say he has done this before when buying from a bike shop, and has used their address with no problem.
I wonder how people with no fixed address register a vehicle here. Dave
- Re: Overseas bike buyer - Martin G April 6, 2018, 10:34 am
- Re: Overseas bike buyer - CrazyFrog April 6, 2018, 10:47 am
- Re: Overseas bike buyer - MadMike April 6, 2018, 10:58 am
- Re: Overseas bike buyer - A65Bill April 6, 2018, 5:10 pm
- Re: Overseas bike buyer - Pete April 6, 2018, 6:24 pm
- Re: Overseas bike buyer - a10 newbie April 6, 2018, 9:20 pm
Thank you for your support...