Posted by Mark B on May 7, 2018, 12:56 pm
A good day at the local village fair, and Stevenage Motorcycle club had some interesting machinery on display. Close by was this 1930s BSA Blue Star: never registered but used for grass-track and hill climbs. Note the brake pedal and gear lever both on the right hand side of the bike, and small racing petrol tank.
the person who'd owned it for the last 40 years (without his wife ever knowing) recently died and gave the bike to a friend on condition that he looked after it but didn't restore it. He's currently checking its roadworthiness without tarting it up, and is facing those issues like what to do with 50-year old tyres, how much to clean up the engine casings, what to do with the grim-looking, but sound, rims and spokes.
Nice dilemmas to have to deal with.
And a single-engine Mosquito:
I'll have a V please, Bob.
- Re: Patina? - Beezabryan May 7, 2018, 1:10 pm
- Re: Patina? - Lannis May 7, 2018, 2:49 pm
- Re: Patina? - fiveTA den May 7, 2018, 4:30 pm
- Re: Patina? - John May 7, 2018, 4:55 pm
- Re: Patina? - ChazzyB May 7, 2018, 6:16 pm