I had never done this before so sought advice on this and other forums and prepared myself for the task ahead
I had regular email comms with Stuart (of this and other parishes) who guided me through the process and encouraged me when I was planning my loom. The PO had made a number of alterations including removing the dizzy, adding EI, adding later switchgear and removing other headlamp switches so a standard diagram would not cut it.
Once I had the diagram quality assured I ordered all the parts and set about building the loom. This was temporarily interrupted by the loss of sparks on my Hinckley Bonnie, but once I sorted that and returned from holidays I set about the 5Ta with renewed vigour
I completed the loom on Sunday and today was my first run out on it. I had travelled about 15 miles when I blew a fuse, fitted a new one, rode off, blew a fuse and so on . After going through a few fuses I eventually worked out that as I had not bolted the seat on ( I wanted to have quick access in case the reason the wires melted in the first place, happened again) whenever I was sitting on it it was pushing down on the battery which in turn pushed down causing the -ve wire to chaff against the carrier. Once I adjusted this I made it home, crimped on a new terminal and rerouted the wires. I then went out for another 20 miles without mishap....so happy as a happy thing
Now I can get back to the original shake down and adjust the clutch and find out why the gear lever does not always spring back making it difficult to engage a gear at times, anyway......
One of my auld Police boats in the background
The Waverley in the background of this one
George Wyllie was ere
This old bandsaw has sat outside for years, but I spun the top wheel and it went on and on and on
Sorry for the thumb....
Finally, I sat here for a while before I worked out this pump only delivered farmyard diesel