Posted by geoff the bonnie
on September 19, 2018, 10:12 pm
Just been talking with my mechanic boy who prepares trade ins for the local Mercedes dealer. A Nissan leaf came in and was sent for checking prior to selling on in the trade as Mercedes will not sell other makes. He had fully charged the battery overnight and the range for the days driving was just 80 miles. The car being 5 years old so the battery must be nearing death now.
I had noticed a load of these Nissan Leaf models being sold off cheap at a closed down filling station in Exeter. I suspect they might also have a short battery range.
With battery replacement cost every five years, these cars will be more expensive to run than fuel burning versions.
I wonder if anyone on here might buy one so we can see the results.
- Re: Electric cars - Leon September 19, 2018, 11:16 pm
- Re: Electric cars - Leon September 19, 2018, 11:51 pm
- Re: Electric cars - Melbourne Metisse September 20, 2018, 8:19 am
- Re: Electric cars - Nigel B September 20, 2018, 9:43 am
- Re: Electric cars - Leon September 21, 2018, 1:32 am
- Re: Electric cars - Leon September 21, 2018, 10:42 pm
- Re: Electric cars - MadMike September 22, 2018, 8:46 am