London coming to a standstill
Posted by JERRY
on October 26, 2018, 12:08 pm
Yesterday I left London at 5.30am in my van to pick up and deliver a nice BSA Firebird scrambler. I had a nice three hour drive to Shropshire for the pick up and then a great drive across country to Lincolshire which took around three hours again to deliver the bike. I then left and travelled down to Peterbourough joining the A1. All very nice and the sun shone. As I approached London the then nice days driving went out of the window. I think I spend more time going knowhere on the bloody M25 than any other journey I have to take. The mileage from Lincolshire back to my house is 150 miles and it took me nearly 6 hours to drive. Most of that was the London end. I do love collecting and delivering peoples bikes but I must admit that as I'm getting older I just cant waste time sitting in traffic. It's always the same when I return from Race meetings on a Sunday evening it's always either the M40 or M25 that I dread and it's very seldom that I get a clear run on these two roads. I will be doing another race season next year, but I have to admit to maybe not doing anymore bike collection work as I just find it too frustrating trying to get around the London outskirts. It will be a shame because over the years I have picked up some lovely bikes and met some really nice people. It's also also given me the chance to see some very special private owned bike collections plus seeing some bikes I would't get a chance to see.
The oldest rocker in town!
- Re: London coming to a standstill - Leon October 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
- Re: London coming to a standstill - Humbernut October 26, 2018, 1:05 pm
- Re: London coming to a standstill - Lannis October 26, 2018, 3:07 pm
- Re: London coming to a standstill - Andy C October 26, 2018, 5:52 pm
- Re: London coming to a standstill - ChazzyB October 27, 2018, 10:35 am
- Re: London coming to a standstill - hondapartsman October 27, 2018, 1:36 pm
- Re: London coming to a standstill - Stuart October 27, 2018, 1:51 pm