User logged in as Joe O
Here's a refresher on the 2012 Millennium Sunday Softball League Bylaws that teams ask about the most, during the season.
Note: It is recommended that all teams have a copy of the league's rules and regulations with them every week in the event the umpire needs them to make a ruling.
Also, the following is not a league bylaw, because in this case the league follows the ASA Rulebook.
The pitching arch height for All Divisions of the Millennium Sunday Softball League is 6-10 feet.
1. The league will have open rosters (limited to 20 players) during the regular season.
2. Playoff Eligibility: To be eligible to play in league playoff games, a player must have played in eight games of the regular season schedule.
3. If any team participates in an ASA advance play tournament and makes it into Sunday play, they must notify the league. The league, in turn, will notify the opposing team and umpire that the games for that Sunday are either postponed or will be rescheduled to a different time on that day or to another day, which will be mutually agreed upon by both teams.
5. The home team listed on the schedule has the responsibility for setting up the field with home plate, pitcher's plate and bases; providing one new game ball and one backup ball; and general overall care and maintenance of the field.
7. The winning team(s) are responsible for getting the results and the game highlights on sheets provided by the league to The Daily Times before 6:00 p.m. so that the game results and highlights can be printed in The Daily Times on the Monday following the games. The Daily Times does not have a full staff working on Sundays, so the results cannot be taken over the phone; they must be faxed or emailed. The Daily Times fax number is (610) 622-8887 or email: email@example.com
8. Forfeits will result if a team is unable to field nine (9) players by 15 minutes after game time. Once the first game of the doubleheader has been forfeited, there will be an additional 15 minute time period given before the second game is declared a forfeit. Any team that forfeits two or more games will be brought before the league committee to determine possible league suspension.
10. Run Ahead Rule: 20 after three innings, 15 after four innings, and 10 after five innings. Complete innings must be played unless the home team scores the run ahead limit while at bat. When the visiting team reaches the limit in the top half of the inning, the home team must have their opportunity to bat in the bottom half of the inning.
12. Extra Player (EP): The 11-man batter rule (EXTRA PLAYER) may be used by any team. Teams may also use 2 Ep's and bat 12 players. The extra player(s) must be made known prior to the start of the game and be listed on the scoring sheet in the regular batting order. An EP cannot be added once the game has started. If the EP is used, the EP must be used the entire game. The league will follow the ASA Extra Player Rule whether a team uses 1 or 2 Ep's in a game.
13. Courtesy Runner: Limited to two (2) per game. The courtesy runner must be the player who was the last recorded out. A team must notify the umpire and the opposing team of its intention to use a courtesy runner.
15. The league distance between bases will be set at 65 feet.
17. When the batter is discovered using a ASA non-approved bat, the batter will be called out.
20. The Millennium Sunday Softball League is a ASA Class "D"/"E" League. The league will not allow teams in the "A" or "B" Divisions to include more than 3 players on their roster, who were on the roster of an ASA Class "C" or higher team in the previous year. No ASA Class "C" or higher player may play in the "C", "D", "E" or "Rec" Divisions at anytime.