User logged in as Joe O
2012 ASA of PA Charity Challenge Championship - Tournament Rules
1. Every effort will be made to complete tournament by the end of Sunday August 12, 2012. There is no rain date scheduled and will be addressed at the time of cancellations should there be any. In the event of cancellation, no monies will be returned to any team that has completed two games deemed official per ASA guidelines.
2. Rosters are not required; however, players may only play for one team in the tournament. Any team found in violation of this rule will be removed from the remainder of the tournament. All opponents will be awarded 7-0 victories against the team in question. Teams must be found in violation of this during play. It cannot be questioned between games.
3. In the case of an ejected player ASA rules will be enforced. Applicable WCASA rules may be enforced as well.
4. All umpiring discrepancies will be handled immediately through the tournament director Kevin McDonald.
5. Any person witnessed defacing West Chester Area Sports Association (WCASA) property or inflicting damage to a guest of the WCASA, WILL be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Culprit will be banned from WCASA complex until further notice.
6. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES WILL BE TOLERATED ON LEAGUE COMPLEXES OR PARKING AREAS AT ANY TIME. Any person(s) found in violation of this rule (including spectators) will be permanently removed from the tournament.
7. Chester County Slow Pitch will supply all balls and ASA umpires. Ball to be utilized is ASA approved Dudley 52 core/300.
8. Home team is responsible for keeping official scorebook. Scorebooks should include first initial and last name. Line-up should be filled out in pen (scoring can be done in pencil) to be acceptable in the instance of questioning an eligible player.
9. It is requested that metal spikes not be worn, but they may be allowed at the tournament director's discretion.
10. Pitch is to be 6'-12' arc slow pitch per same ASA rules as 6'-10' arc.
11. All hitters will begin their turn at bat with (1) one ball and (1) one strike. Any foul ball hit on the third strike will be considered a strikeout.
12. Each team will be allowed (3) ground-rule homeruns per game. After limit is reached, ground-rule homeruns will be considered outs.
13. Any player instigating a physical altercation in the judgment of the umpire will be removed from the remainder of the tournament. Any player involved in a physical altercation other (than reacting in self-defense in the umpire's judgment) will be subject to punishment from the WCASA. If a player is ejected for an unsportsmanlike issue THE MANAGER ALSO MAY receive the same penalty. Any player leaving their designated team area for any involvement in unsportsmanlike issues, other than assisting in the restraint or control of a person involved, MAY serve the same penalty as those involved.
14. Only bats approved for ASA sanctioned events are to be utilized during the tournament. Any bat being used is subject to random testing per ASA guidelines. The bat must carry the stamp of approval per ASA guidelines AND must pass the Chester County Slow Pitch bat testing equipment if questioned. Anyone entering the batter's box with an illegal bat will be ejected immediately. Any illegal bat being used without prior approval is subject to ASA of PA illegal equipment guidelines.
15. Teams may bat 12 players if they choose to do so.
16. Unless mentioned above ASA rules and guidelines will be enforced.