La Manzanilla Message Board
[ Post a Response | La Manzanilla Message Board ]
La Manzanilla message board
Re: mexican families on beach
One thing that may be missing in this discussion is the concept of the mangrove itself. Mangroves are basically stagnant water, generally full of toxins and pollutants produced by rotting plant matter and animal feces. The root systems of the unique tree and plant life improve water quality by filtering pollutants, stabilising and improving the soil and protecting shorelines from erosion. In effect, mangroves are nature's water treatment plants.
As pointed out by others here, mangrove waters are, by nature, rather ugly looking and and foul smelling. Some communities around the world actually use mangroves for sewage treatment. Water escapement from mangroves into fresh and salt water systems is perfectly natural, and act to dilute and further purify contaminated water.
That is not to say that excessive sewage inflow would not perhaps overwhelm this process. But the amount of present human effluent discharge at present is hardly likely to do this.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- mexican families on beach - suzanne November 29, 2018, 1:37 pm
- Re: mexican families on beach - Heike Graf November 29, 2018, 2:56 pm
- Re: mexican families on beach - ralph November 29, 2018, 9:26 pm
- Re: mexican families on beach - Larry F November 30, 2018, 11:01 am
- Re: mexican families on beach - Beccistarr December 1, 2018, 8:55 pm
- Re: mexican families on beach - Jacques Heidi Dumerac December 6, 2018, 11:32 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Terms of agreement
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info for more information about La Manzanilla Mexico.