- The products used on a golf course are rigorously tested, must meet or exceed specific standards, and come with explicit application guidelines.
- Safety concerns regarding the use of herbicides, fungicides, pesticides, fertilizers etc, apply not only to the playing clientele but also to the grounds crew.
- Players should be informed of spraying.
- Spraying should be done when there is no "drift" - the wind being below 8km/hr.
- Spraying should be done during "no play" - often very early in the morning.
***If you are a person with a compromised health issue, or are highly sensitive (outside the normal range), do not hesitate to phone the Proshop and ask when/if spraying is being done. Also most GC Superintendents should be willing to share information about any chemicals involved.