1) Fat Pitches (LW-1)- This team will probably never lose this spot at this rate, they earned a 2nd PWB in Bloomington by double dipping Nasty Strong in the combined tournament! Hopefully we start seeing this team more often, as it seems to benefit them when they play.
2) Neat Transport (LW-2)- Staying at 2 this week, this has been the most consistent team all year outside of FP, and they should continue to be. Neat ran the losers bracket in Strawfest and had an impressive 2nd place finish.
3) GGI/187 (LW-3)- Holding firm at 3, GGI is still a team to be reckoned with as they proved that in their first win since their merger with the original Creekside from this year. They will continue to be a dangerous draw in any tournament.
4) Base Invaders (LW-10)- Say what you will about this team, all they do is win against a lot of teams in these rankings. Now with a 12-4 record against E, and no finishes outside the top 5, they have catapulted to the top end of the rankings.
5) Syndicate (LW-5)- Holding at 5, Syndicate is still an extremely scrappy team that is always going to be a hard out. In Btown they only lost to Nasty and FP and finished 3rd. They didn't have a great showing at Strawfest, but it was their first "bad showing" of the year.
6) Indy Militia (LW-UR)- Militia had a great first tourney win at Strawfest, but the reason there are teams ahead of them without wins are for this reason. This was the first tournament all year they finished above .500, so we will see if this is what to expect going forward or was it a one time showing. Time will tell...
7) Lethal/BAF (LW-4)- The main reason for this team dropping, is because not only did they add 2 big bats to the lineup before Strawfest, but they lost 29-0 in two straight games. It is really hard to justify putting a team in the top 5 when that happens. They did however bounce back with a tourney win in Louisville which is very impressive.
8) Ballzonya (LW-6)- Another team that continues to drop in the rankings, this team can best be described as Jekyll & Hyde. They are one team before the long breaks and a completely different team after. If they don't figure that out, they will end up going nowhere this year.
9) Hitmen (LW-UR)- A team that has bounced back and forth between being in and out of the rankings this year. Hitmen put together a great run at Strawfest which saw them placing 3rd in a field of 22. If this team can consistently hit how they did there, they will be a team to look out for going forward.
10) Trae's Crew (LW-UR) RKO has had some up and down tournaments but they have consistently been a .500 team. The 10 spot in these rankings are getting crowded to say the least, but for now RKO has earned it.
Dropped Out: Indy Warriors (LW-7), RKO (LW-9)
Honorable Mention: RKO & Tony Danza, like I said that 10 spot was a very pick and the last 3-4 teams could all be deserving of those last 2 spots. Glad to see E being so competitive this year!!
Hope everyone enjoys these rankings! Like always if anyone has any information, please feel free to email me!!