Re: E Rankings
Posted by Fan on 7/29/2018, 4:41 pm, in reply to "E Rankings"
There is another sleeper team that hasnít played much usssa |
that I could see making a good run when they have their full squad!!
1) Fat Pitches - Stay at the top of the list with their handling of the rest of E in GSL state. Had two tough wins over GGI to cap it. Is this team primed for a deep run at Worlds?
2) GGI - Have played really well together since their "merge" with Creekside. Played FP tough in both games at state and have their own tournament win at Circle City earlier in the year. If this team is firing on all cylinders, they are also capable of doing some damage at a Worlds.
3) Syndicate - The "Wardens of the North" check in at #3 for their win at Fort Wayne. A lot of E teams that will make this top 10 were participants at Fort Wayne. However, #s 1 and 2 were not there. Lead by emotional leaders Sheets and Birge, this team will be dangerous at USSSA state next weekend.
4) Outlaws - Have gotten stronger as the year has gone on. Fueled by some key pick-ups by Fleming: Eville Boys Butcher and Evans, and now a big D drop in Steve Magill. It all finally came together at the Mad Dog. Lost their first game to Militia then ran the table to take home first prize.
5) Militia - The Runners-Up at the Mad Dog check in at 5. Also have a big win at the Strawfest earlier in the year to get their PWB. If you haven't watched them yet, be sure to check out their mid RJ Turner; he's a fun two-way player to watch.
6) Hitmen - can do just that: hit. Have had pretty good finishes throughout the year, just have not had the stamina to finish on top. Flemmons hits BOMBS.
7) Ballzonya - Like #6 this team has a lot of good finishes, just hasn't finished on top. A lot of veterans from the days of "Machines" in 2016. Kucharyski and Southworth are hustlers that pace this team.
8) Neat - Hitters are as good as any team on this list, but they've gone through some turmoil since the beginning of the season and that's brought them down to #8 today. Craft was a good pick-up from Warriors, but hopefully it's not too late.
9) Lethal - Just depends on which Lethal team shows up. They've got not 1 but 2 wins over the GSL D state champ BTX in the same tournament! But at the same time they also have a few bad finishes. One of only two teams on this list that has a victory over FP. Play to their potential and they can do great things.
10) RKO - As always, you can go about three or four different directions with this last spot. Of the teams I was between, RKO has had the best finish of my choices (2nd at ISP all-nighter)These guys get a lot of heat on this board, and I really don't think it's warranted. They keep their heads down and just play ball. The CF, younger Bertram, has the potential to be something special in this game.
Honorable mentions: Base Invaders, Trae's Crew