Re: PMM join the debate
Posted by Pete Mutlow on January 5, 2014, 6:00 pm, in reply to "Re: PMM join the debate"
User logged in as UKAT1569
Graham, I am very sorry to hear about your mother and I fully understand where you are coming from. As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, air pollution causes or contributes to the deaths of many thousands of deaths each year in the UK alone and should be tackled more effectively than it is now. Successive Governments over the years have failed to tackle the issues of traffic congestion in cities and towns which must be a major factor in air pollution. The onus appears to rest solely on vehicle manufacturers who have not in many peoples opinion provided a viable remedy which at the moment provides a potential hefty financial burden on the already over-taxed motorist. The safety issues to which I refer as I think you know relates to brakes, tyres, suspension etc. Exhaust emissions I would put in the health category but again, I fully understand your point.
Ed. Again, I can see your point but have to disagree. We are not saving the motorist a few quid but potentially a thousand pounds or more which many cannot afford. If the DPF system was more affordable, fit for purpose and with a good manufactures guarantee then this topic would not be up for discussion. I don't make vast amounts of money out of it but it gives me the satisfaction that I have performed a service for a customer which he has requested and fully understands.
Regards and good wishes for the New Year to you both.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Peter Warman November 26, 2013, 2:22 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Steve Sneap November 26, 2013, 3:50 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Graham Bullock November 26, 2013, 5:24 pm
- Now it's official - It's not legal to remove - Peter Warman December 4, 2013, 5:52 pm
- Re:DPF Removed today - MOT emissions test passed - Peter Warman December 17, 2013, 2:09 pm
- VOSA statement - Richard Bowler February 5, 2014, 2:29 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Ed Kaps February 26, 2014, 10:12 am
- Has it kicked in on the MOT yet? - Peter Warman April 17, 2014, 3:15 pm
- Diesels are bad for you - Peter Warman May 1, 2014, 9:33 am
- DPF Removal at the Garage Owners risk - Peter Warman December 10, 2015, 11:13 am
- Is it all change for Diesel Testing? - Peter Warman April 20, 2016, 8:42 am
« Back to index | View thread »