Re: VOSA statement
Posted by Jon Morgan on February 19, 2014, 8:15 pm, in reply to "Re: VOSA statement"
User logged in as ukat3190
It's not getting any better - Today we had a new customer roll up with a 2007 BRE engined 2.0 PD with DPF, EML & Glowplug lights lit.
Diagnosed a blocked DPF - DPF Ash Mass of 47g & loading coefficient of 92% all other factors that cause DPF issues checked out okay, car had done 80K.
Quoted for a software update (BRE original software suffers repeated failures to regen), new DPF etc at over £1000 + VAT to rectify.
Owner advised he'd pay the diagnostic & take it somewhere for a DPF off & remap.
We advised it is illegal, possible MOT failure etc & he replied, "the MOT is just a visible presence check - if the DPF housing is there the tester can't fail it"
To our knowledge he is not in the trade but was remarkably well informed of what he needs to do next to save himself some corn............
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Peter Warman November 26, 2013, 2:22 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Steve Sneap November 26, 2013, 3:50 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Graham Bullock November 26, 2013, 5:24 pm
- Now it's official - It's not legal to remove - Peter Warman December 4, 2013, 5:52 pm
- Re:DPF Removed today - MOT emissions test passed - Peter Warman December 17, 2013, 2:09 pm
- VOSA statement - Richard Bowler February 5, 2014, 2:29 pm
- Re: VOSA statement - Samantha Smith February 5, 2014, 4:16 pm
- Re: VOSA statement - Jon Morgan February 19, 2014, 8:15 pm
- Re: DPF Removal - Is it legal? # - Ed Kaps February 26, 2014, 10:12 am
- Has it kicked in on the MOT yet? - Peter Warman April 17, 2014, 3:15 pm
- Diesels are bad for you - Peter Warman May 1, 2014, 9:33 am
- DPF Removal at the Garage Owners risk - Peter Warman December 10, 2015, 11:13 am
- Is it all change for Diesel Testing? - Peter Warman April 20, 2016, 8:42 am
« Back to index | View thread »