Re: Get Donors Back
Well said Scott
Thanks Dennis for taking the lead on this
Thanks to the large Donors, but a University our size needs 500-1,000 midsize donors to make a successful program
The admin only focuses on the top donors, but they fail to realize the 80-20 rule where the bottom 80% of donors should generate more revenue and people in the seats, that build incredible momentum for a program
Thanks to all who continue to care
[I agree with most of what has previously been stated. Let me add a few items I believe are critical for donor and fan support;
1) I will always be a 49er. The Beach Beach is simply absurd, even being made a joke by TV commentators. On the other hand I don't care if Prospector Pete makes a comeback. I also hope that the Shark is is caught and filleted.
2) While we hear Andy talk about "championship calibre" teams for the most part we don't see the action to achieve this goal. While we would like to see all or most of our teams as champions in our conference and beyond it is especially important for those teams that can generate revenue be successful year after year. In my opinion that would include the four teams in the Mid and baseball. It takes money to run a successful Athletic dept. and fan support and butts in seats are needed. We need for Andy and Jane to clearly state that competitive teams are a top priority and an action plan to achieve this goal. Words without action will not generate support. When our AD states that we will never need more seats in the Mid I can only conclude that competitive teams are not a priority. Andy's hiring of Tyler as the WVB coach is a good sign but the 5 yr. extension for for Jeff Cannon tempers that feeling. While I think Jeff deserved an extension, I think that 5 years sends the message that the last five years was acceptable and met expectations. In short Andy and Jane need to publicly state that championship calibre teams are expected.
3) We need an actual fund drive.
4) I totally agree that communication from the dept. has been lacking.
This communication should include statements and stories from the coaching staff on a regular basis. Our coaches should be speaking at many more events and it would be nice to actually see them at games. Additionally, we should see athletic administrators and coaches greeting fans at events rather than sitting on their butts.
5) The current management of the department seems to have made association with players and fans/boosters a low priority. I would think that the more that we know players and coaches the easier it is to support them.
6) While the department talkes about the rich history of our athletic department it sure seems that for the most part they want to throw out the old and generate their own new history.
7) The whole notion of ticket fees and donations needs to be reviewed. The Andy seat Fee was ill fated and I believe inflamed and turned off many folks. We need to get butts in seats and that should be the priority. More people at events generates more revenue and more importantly more excitement.
People will donate if they believe that the Athletic Department and the University are serious about providing a quality program and that tradition and alumni are important factors in future success.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Get Donors Back - DPITTS 5/18/2022, 3:39 pm
- Re: Get Donors Back - LBhoops 5/18/2022, 4:01 pm
- Re: Get Donors Back - danimal 5/18/2022, 4:10 pm
- I'll chime in Dennis - Niner 5/18/2022, 5:39 pm
- Re: Get Donors Back - LTF 5/18/2022, 5:48 pm
- Re: Get Donors Back - jwb39 5/18/2022, 8:39 pm
- Re: Get Donors Back - NinerDave 5/19/2022, 8:37 am
- Any of You Ever Try to Climb Mount Everest? - Dedicated to DaBeach 5/19/2022, 10:20 am
- Re: Get Donors Back - mar 5/19/2022, 1:26 pm
- Re: Get Donors Back - OT49erFan 5/19/2022, 7:54 pm
- Re: Get Donors Back - 49er Ben 5/20/2022, 8:09 am
- Re: Get Donors Back - DPITTS 5/20/2022, 8:39 am
- Image - LBSU49er 5/20/2022, 8:01 am
« Back to index