[ Post a Response | Long Beach State Sports ]
Re: Down we Go.
Posted by 49erjr
on 9/7/2022, 8:14 pm, in reply to "Down we Go.
If you only come on here every couple of years then you are a big part of the problem. You should be on here all the time like most of us venting or what ever you choose to do.
As far as WVB goes it didn't matter how many games in a row the interim coach won they were going with Tyler and I think he is a brilliant young coach that wants to be here. I too would love to have a mens soccer team but it won't happen. IMO they would double the crowds that W Soccer gets but our blind leaders as usual don't care about what the fans/alums want. MBB has to get the job done this year and there should be no excuses. There is a lot of talent there and CDM needs to make something happen.
So don't be a stranger R and come on here and mix it up.
1) Kadawaki as interim AD. The last time we had a bean counter as AD, O'Brien, he cut football at the President's direction, which it turns out was a terrible decision especially in light of conference reshuffing. WE really need men's soccer, rather than water polo and other nothing sports. Let
s seeif Kadawaki has the balls to doit right this time.
2) More AD stuff. I like Tyler Hildebrandt and wish the best as WVB coach, but I guess Andy Fee was not watching as the interim coach lead them to 11 straight wins to salvage the season. She is now at CSUF. I suspect that another coach had a big say in who was to apply and get selected, plus who became and assoicate head coach. Strange how things work out. I thought I was watching Putin at work again. I wonder if he'll apply for the permanent AD position.
3) Another Ineffective leader. Conoley, what a joke. She has no clue how to grow a university, as did Petersen, Horn, et. al. except Maxson. Yet I still get request for money - as little as $10, which they should have done decades ago. Then someone explained to me in the 1980's it was not worth the time and money to solicit small amounts. If they had, those small amount it may have turned into bogger amounts as the alumni aged. But what the heck do I know. Hey folks, Wisconsin gave away their telecasts of Football for years to build a fan base, (Rick Telander - Red Ink to Roses). I think they are doing very well today. Jane just keep focusing on the academics, but keep in mind we are not UCSB. That focus and $2 will get you a cup of Starbucks and maybe one $10 donation. I could say it is never to late to start, but in this case it is too late. The ship has departed never to return.
4) A Very Very Weak Alumin Assoc. - (to borrow the 45th guy's words). not much to be said here as there has been little growth in the services to alumni and students over decades. It is OK to plagiarize what other have done to be successful. But that requires work. That whole admin staff should seek other employment.
5) Kudos to the Hoops and the Other Board members - without you there would be no fans. The sad thing is I do not see any new blood on either board. Maybe a few of the new students will get a clue.
6) WVB - What they need is a terminator. Hawaii has a couple, as does the Ruins. Megan Chacon is a good player but has trouble hitting thru the block. Tyler needs to get at least one terminator. Megan and Katie etc. will provide more setter options and they will win more matches.
7) Broadcast Snafus or are they FUBARs. I remain a closet LBSU fan watching all the games I can on ESPN+. However I do not how many times there is no voice or video or both. I learned years ago that if I was giving a presentation you went into the presentation venue and made sure the equipment was working. How simple. Why can't the athletic dept get it right every time.
8) the MBB program may be better with the Traore's. This season will tell. There is no reason LBSU should not dominate the conference. Half of the Fee/Cononley duo is gone so maybe we will not defer to the Nachos.
I could go on but it is sad that in the 2 years that I have been away from this board, the university is still screwed up. They have penchant for not listening to anyone own their administration. IBM called it group think. I call it not plagiarizing.
Adios for another couple of years.