[ Post a Response | Long Beach State Sports ]
Re: Game Day Experience
DROP THE SHARK!!!
Ok....while we were disappointed in the outcome of the game yesterday. Here's a few of my takes on the game day experience from yesterday:
* NEXTFAN.COM/BEACH: Those that attended were handed out a glossy fold out of NEXTFAN.COM/BEACH: This is in support of Name, Image and Likeness. I like it....it is a step in the right direction in an attempt to be relevant in this time of significantly changing collegiate athletics landscape
* DEEJAY: Was he loud? Yes. Did he retain the interest of the fans? Create fan participation? Lend to a loud environment? My answer is - Yes. I'm one of the "elder" statesmen at 68 years old. I also recognize that the game environment addresses current students, millenials, teenagers, families. All of which desire that type of game environment.
* BAND: The largest contingent I can remember in quite some time. Were they a little out of tune in some instances? Probably. Should their participation be increased? YES
* DANCE TEAM: Visible and a part of the game experience with choreographed appearances. A vast improvement over recent years past where I was wondering when they'd wake up from the nap
* ELBEE THE SHARK: Ok...this is where I depart. Just shut the shark down. The mascot has been a sore spot and to many of us who year-in-year-out contribute financially and in attendance. The shark serves as a troll for our conference rivals on message boards. There is no need for a costumed shark at events.
I was pleased at the effort made in generating a game day experience. Iron out the wrinkles and keep it going