Wake up Rob!!!!! You are in a deep dream my friend
Very similar state schools. One figured out how to keep their mascot, keep football, get really really good in basketball, and the other flounders on all counts but at least kicks ass in Mens Volleyball.
Rooting for the following, all of which likely will not happen but I can have hope and dreams:
1. Conoley decides in favor of $64 student fee for athletics
2. Students revolt because they have nothing better to get upset about, do a sit in outside her office door, chant slogans that Conoley is fake-woke, "Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Conoley is so fake-woke, Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Conoley is so fake-woke"
3. Jane retires at the end of the Spring semester because she can't stand being unpopular with leftists, her record is being tarnished, and there are cookies to bake for the grandkids!
4. CSU moves rapidly and hires her replacement in 1 month (most unbelievable of all perhaps?). The replacement secretly loves athletics especially hoops and has a secret plan that will be launched in phases to make us a real threat in DI
5. New Pres hires a new AD by the end of Fall semester. New AD shares vision to vault athletics into a new era. Both attend every home mens bball game, taking mental notes. The AD reaches out to long time alumni fans about the current coaching situation and reviews the entire body of work of one Dan Monson.
6. During another flailing season going nowhere fast, Monson is let go
7. Team finishes strong, wins BWT, looks good in a first game loss to a #1 or #2 seed
8. AD hires a young, energetic, visionary coach who ends up loving LB and planting deep roots
9. Within 2 years the entire atmosphere is changed, LB starts dominating the BW, and you all can dream the rest
10. AD and Pres are amazing fundraisers, alumni are made very important and start dishing out regular funds, local corporations up the ante, you know, overall good news
11. Novel remedy for our beloved Pyramid is figured out and doable. Or they decide to build out the old Gold Mine with a huge naming donation from some source we can only imagine and we enjoy the final 3-4 leaky years at the Mid.
12. Success spreads among all teams and we all have nothing to complain about but find something anyway
To dream the impossible dream. Good morning 49er fans!
« Back to index