Here's a copy/paste from a newspaper site:
The California State Warning Center has informed us that orbital debris from a Chinese rocket is expected to reenter the Earth’s atmosphere and reach the surface. The current predicted time of impact is on 7/30/2022 at 1100 hours, with a +/- 5 hour time error. The Humboldt County Office of Emergency Services is not currently operating an Emergency Operations Center in response to this information, the following report is for situational awareness only.
Here is the current information:
– Multiple possible impact locations
– Most likely will land in the ocean
– Potentially halfway between San Francisco and the Oregon border
– Potentially from Shasta County to Sacramento County
– Debris estimated to weigh 5 tons
– Current estimation is that this debris would not be enough to destroy a community, but would be enough to destroy or damage multiple buildings if it lands in a populated area
**Later Update: according to the Office of Emergency Services in Humboldt County, “Northern California is no longer within the predicted impact area for orbital debris.
**UPDATE 11:12 a.m.: According to Space News,
China’s human spaceflight agency announced…that debris from the Long March 5B reentered the atmosphere at around 12:55 p.m. Eastern, with a debris landing area of 119.0 degrees East and 9.1 degrees North, in the Sulu Sea, close to Palawan Island in the western Philippines.
Possible footage of the reentry was posted on Twitter by an apparent onlooker in Kuching, Malaysia, matching the ground track during a 20-minute window from an U.S. Space Force’s 18th Space Defense Squadron (18 SDS) Tracking and Impact Prediction message.
Love All Life; Thank You For Posting! :)