Re: Boat wakes
Posted by Mark Johnstone on 5/22/2020, 9:20 am, in reply to "Boat wakes"
A few things to think about- |
1) Tides are getting higher, causing wakes too do more damage than before.
2) A jet ski has different rules than a boat. They MUST be at idle speed when within 50' of Anything. That means when entering or exiting a canal into the bayou, slow down Before you go into a canal, and don't speed up until 50' Past the bulkheads and docks.
3) Skiing in the bayou is dangerous as well as inconsiderate. Especially when turning around pulling a skier and snagging fishing lines 30' from the fishing dock.
4) Boats - Please be considerate when entering or exiting the canals. Go straight out instead of immediately turning 10' in front of the dock. Especially when we are fishing. Likewise, please slow down a little sooner when entering. Your boat may slow down, but the massive 2' wake from "plowing" does not.
5) Remember, plane out or putt, don't plow.