Posted by David Hardee on 9/21/2023, 12:25 pm
Consider this. |
IT has become obvious that the citizens of Bayou Vista must become pro-active to secure that their public services are protected from the negligence of the administration, electric and internet providers, construction and maintenance vehicles and personnel.
In the past 30 days the water, internet and electrical services have been repetitively interrupted do to the negligence of personnel who are traveling, transporting or performing activities in Bayou Vista. To wit most of these interruptions are able to be prevented by pro-active preventive measures.
Considering the recent havoc, expenses and horrific discomfort reaped on the citizens of Bayou Vista it is resolved that action by City administration is necessary. Specific to that negligence in operating vehicles that have drag down overhead lines, this proposed to institute a pro-active preventive enforce for compliance will create little burden, additional investment, and maintenance expense.
This project is: a working model for use in creating the formal agreement. The measurements are hypothetical and will be fixed in the formal document.
The City of Bayou Vista will provide this document to all the established line providers and vehicle operators of record that have been operating in Bayou Vista, for Notice of terms they will accept if they want to continue to operate in the City. Also, a public notice will be published in the local news agencies and the website(s) (B.V. message Board, Facebook and or other social media providers/source) where the maximum number of public and private entities, to establish that all required will be considered effectively notified.
Scope of project is to utilize the already in existence of the BVPD nightly sweep of the roads in Bayou Vista. And additionally, the erection at each vehicular entrance of a portal outfitted with height bar, video camera and public notice signage.
1. An entrance portal with public notice at each entrance to vehicular traffic with a video recording (on a city collection device) camera and a detachable/falling height bar that is set at the maximum height allowed for a vehicle that enters and or travel any where in Bayou Vista. i.e., 14’
2. That height bar is also the minimum less 6 inches (i.e., 14’5’) at which any overhead line can droop in Bayou Vista.
3. any vehicle with a potential of erecting an appendage or acquiring a load that can ascend the 14’ restriction is required to be out fitted with a static pole of 14’ that the operator will attach to the vehicle and ascertained as no portion of the vehicle or load ascended above 14’ before the vehicle is moved.
4. As a curtesy for all the overhead line providers – but not as a contract that establishes culpability - The compliance to certainty that the boundaries are kept by those that install and maintain overhead lines - the BVPD patrol cars during their occasions of a nightly patrol will outfit the vehicle with a mounted whip antenna that will during travel of the streets patrolled - strike any low hanging obstacle and arouse the officers to report and see to notification that a need exists for repair to meet compliance.
5. in the event that a destruction of an overhead line occurs the determination of culpability will be established by the BVPD officer’s conclusion after specific measurement of the vehicle and or load at the point of occurrence and damage. In event of line droop below 14’6”it is the negligence of the line provider and the result of an unforeseen occurrence. The fact that BVPD did or did not observe or document and report in a timely manner will not create a liability for B.V.
6. Public notice will state destruction of any public property by any vehicle, and or person will result in A. citation with penalty of $500.00 plus confiscation of vehicle till damage assessment is met. B. Weight restriction on any vehicle entering Bayou Vista is X axel weight. And any overweight vehicle is subject to a citation of $500.00 pulse confiscation till damage assessment is met.