Posted by backofbeyond
on June 27, 2020, 9:47 am, in reply to "Re: Easy
If you have to go with an inline tap, one like Expat Stu's link has to be a good idea. It would have saved a couple of Dutch blokes I knew (met a few times anyway) a lot of money. They raced a range of high end vintage cars and had spent a lot of money on an engine rebuild for one (!) of their Bugattis.
When it came back they wanted to try it out but it proved tricky to start so they towed it down some farm roads behind their Range Rover. When it eventually did fire up they didn't bother to check it over, preferring to just get in and drive. A mile later the whole thing seized up. There was a tap in the oil feed line they'd forgotten to turn on. The resulting engine rebuild was over £50k including having to have a complete new crank fabricated.
What happened to them a year or two later was equally interesting but a story for another time.
- Re: Easy - Tonupdave June 27, 2020, 10:20 am
- Re: Easy - dommie90 June 27, 2020, 11:24 am
- Re: Easy - Stuart June 27, 2020, 1:38 pm
- Re: Easy - Tonupdave June 27, 2020, 2:10 pm
- Re: Easy - jimmy June 27, 2020, 4:55 pm
- Re: Easy - shiner June 27, 2020, 5:59 pm
Thank you for your support...