I mentioned some of my neighbours have log burning fires in recent years. One of these has just developed lung disease and now on oxygen tank.Well known that log fires emit carcinogens. I am looking forward to the ban on these indoor burners. First stage of the legislation covers having to but prepared logs which are deemed safe for humans. Year 5 bans them if it actually gets through the law system.
Old night storage heaters, in particular, Tyrad and swebline locally are full of asbestos insulation. 4 local installers developed lung disease and have now died from building these heaters. I also installed about 30 a month in the 1970s with no breathing protection at all.
Disposal of these heaters requires an asbestos removal company now. Of course, the asbestos comes out into the room when heat is coming out of the vents. It was about 1978 before the asbestos was substituted for glass fibre during the build.