Posted by geoff the bonnie
on September 4, 2021, 11:20 pm
Doing some arc welding of flat bar today so used a very powerful magnet to keep the two bits in place.
The weld just would not attach to one of the pieces but laid a weld down on the other. Removing the magnet and it was all working again.
These magnets are a type which hold with considerable grip. Some sort of device for holding items weighing at least 30lbs.
never tried this before so i guess strong magnets mess up the process.
- Re: Welding - Leon Novello September 5, 2021, 2:11 am
- Re: Welding - Andy C September 5, 2021, 7:15 am
- Re: Welding - John September 5, 2021, 9:27 am
- Re: Welding - Andy C September 6, 2021, 11:00 am
- Re: Welding - geoff the bonnie September 6, 2021, 11:57 am
Thank you for your support...