First of all I want to say thank you to the 56 teams who got their rosters in on time.
I appreciate you taking the five minutes necessary to get them into us.
That means 90 percent of our teams are complying with the rules.
Of course, the goal is 100 percent, and we will strive for that each week. My hope is this week that the teams who did not send them in and therefore did not get credit for games played, will learn from their error.
The six teams who received no credit were:
Dolan's Bar/Olive Catering
Cocco's Pizzeria & Pub of Aston
Moe's Grille II
Dudley White Division:
60 East Orange Crush
It should be noted that all six teams eventually did get their lineups in, but needed to be poked and prodded by Joe to do so. That won't happen again.
Now, let me bring up some little aggravations that occurred in Week 1 that can't happen moving forward.
1. The excuses have to stop. I can't tell you how many different excuses I heard this week from people about getting the lineups in. Save your breath on the phone or your fingers on the email, because I don't want to hear it. You have three days to send in lineups. It's a five minute process. Just do it and stop whining about having to do it.
2. You MUST give Last names to your opponent when exchanging lineups and if you have multiple players with the same last name you MUST give a first initial or initials to differentiate players playing.
3. You MUST announce subs to the opponent so they can make note of it and we don't have arguments about who played and who didn't play.
4. If you take a photo of the scorebook to mail in, that's fine, but before you send it, MAKE SURE the photo is clear, includes all names, and the handwriting in the book is legible. Otherwise, I'm not counting it.
5. You MUST send both your lineup and your opponent's lineup so we can make sure they match up each week. If you don't have one to keep your book because you only have 9 or 10 players, take a minute before the game - or between games AND SIMPLY WRITE IT DOWN ON A PIECE OF PAPER. Even if you don't keep score, you all know how to use a pen. Write it down. And, if your opponent gives you a hard time about giving you a proper lineup (last names etc.) you let me know ASAP.
6. Starting in Week 2 ALL LINEUPS must be emailed to both me and to your division captain IN THE SAME EMAIL. This way everything is time stamped and there's no question about when it was sent.
Poor Luci was overwhelmed by the incompetence of some teams in the Century Division. As such, I will now be handling lineups for both the Capital AND Century Divisions.
ONCE AGAIN, every lineup should be sent to me at email@example.com.
Red Division also copies Steve Prescott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
White Division also copies Keith Woodbury (email@example.com)
Blue Division also copies Rob Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Again the DEADLINE is MIDNIGHT Tuesday night each week. Not 3 a.m. Not Wednesday morning.
Any discrepancies will be handled privately.
Any other questions, send them directly to me.
Please do not make me write this post for a fifth time.
Thanks guys and Good Luck Sunday.