2013 "Softball for a Cure" Coed Softball Tournament
Tournament Rules and Regulations
1. All ASA rules apply (including ASA bat restrictions) except for the following.
2. When the batter enters the batter's box, he/she will begin with a one-one count ... third strike is an out even if it's a foul ball (there is no extra foul given).
3. May start with 8 players, go up to 9 or 10, but never down unless due to injury.
4. May use 3 courtesy runners per game. Courtesy runner must be last recorded out.
5. Teams may bat up to 12 players who MUST be in their starting line-up (ASA Extra Player Rule will apply).
6. Tiebreakers are as follows: (1) Head to head competition, (2) Fewest runs allowed, (3) Most runs scored, (4) Coin Toss.
7. One new Trump 11" (Yellow) ASA .44 Core - 375 lbs Comp. and one new Trump 12" (Pink) ASA .40
Core - 325 lbs Comp. Softballs will be supplied for each game with back-up softballs being of the same kind.
8. The home team must keep score and will be the official book.
9. Run Ahead Rule: 20 after three innings, 15 after four innings, and 10 after five innings.
10. Any team that wins a game by forfeit will be credited with the score of 7-0.
11. The tournament director may change the tournament format due to weather conditions.
12. No drinking on ANY field, (automatic team ejection).
13. Clean up your trash.
14. Report scores at the end of the game to tournament official.
15. Report to your game 15 minutes prior to its scheduled start time. Game time is forfeit time: No Exceptions.
16. Only allowed to play for ONE team during the entire tournament.
17. No metal cleats. Plastic cleats or sneakers are fine. If you only have metal cleats to wear you are not allowed to slide under any circumstances. If you slide with metal cleats you will be ejected from the tournament.
18. Mandatory of four women on the field at all times. One as the pitcher or catcher, one must be in another position in the infield, one must be in the outfield and the fourth women can be in any other position on the field. The fourth women can not be an EP.
19. Batting rotation must be alternating sexes, until there is no longer an available batter of the opposite sex.
20. If a man is walked with a woman up to bat next, he is awarded 2nd base and the woman must bat.
21. TIME LIMIT: A new inning will not begin after 50 minutes from the start of the game. Time begins after the ground rules are taken with the umpire. The only time a new inning will start after 50 minutes is if the game is tied, then it will be continued using the international tiebreaker rule beginning with the next new inning, until a winner is determined. The exception to this is semifinal and championship games - which will have no time limit.
22. Two (2) Worth Toxic Reload Slow Pitch Softball bats (26.5 ounce and 27.5 ounce) will be located on each field at the start of the tournament. The bats will be taped for easy identification by the male players and the umpires. Men participating MUST use one of these bats in order to be allowed to play. If they are found using any other bat when entering the batter's box, they will be declared out. Please discuss this will all of your players before the tournament. All women participating in the tournament are allowed to use any ASA approved bat they choose.