2016 ASA Jingle All The Way "One-Pitch" Softball Tournament
Tournament Rules and Regulations
1) All ASA rules apply (including ASA bat restrictions) except for the following.
2) Batter starts with a 3-2 count (no extra foul).
3) May start with 8 players, go up to 9 or 10, but never down unless due to injury.
4) Teams may bat 12 players in their line-up and the ASA Extra Player Rule will apply.
5) Tie-breakers are as follows: (1.) Head to head competition, (2.) Run Differential, (3.) Most runs scored, (4.) Coin Toss.
6) One (1) new ASA .52 COR, 300 lbs Compression Softball will be supplied for each game. Each team will be required to supply any additional ASA softballs needed for each game.
7) The home team must keep score and will be the official book.
8) Run Ahead Rule: 15 after three innings, 12 after four innings, and 10 after five innings.
9) Any team that wins a game by forfeit will be credited with the score of 7-0.
10) No drinking on ANY field, (automatic team ejection).
11) Clean up your trash.
12) Report scores at the end of the game to tournament official.
13) Report to your game at the scheduled time, NO EXCEPTIONS.
14) Only allowed to play for ONE team during the entire tournament.
TIME LIMIT: A new inning will not begin after 50 minutes from the start of the game (Exception: Championship Game). Time begins after the ground rules are taken with the umpire.
Note: The only time a new inning will start after 50 minutes is if a minimal of 5 innings have not been played, which is needed in order for the game to be official and when the game is tied - when it will then be continued using the international tiebreaker rule until a winner is determined.
a) Three warm-up pitches to start a game, after which at the beginning of each ½ inning, no more than one warm-up pitch.
b) No infield or outfield warm-up ball after the first inning.