The wait for Delaware County to finally go to the green phase is over beginning next Friday, June 26th - clearing the way for the Millennium Sunday Softball League to set its "Opening Day" for July 19th.
Organizing the league will take moving at lightning speed as I had mentioned in an earlier email to the league.
As commissioner I will handle the following ...
1. USA Softball of PA team registrations
2. Contacting our field owners to inform them of our start date for the season.
3. Contacting our umpire assigners to ready their umpires for the start of the season.
4. Realigning the divisions with the league captains, since they will not be the same we were set to go with for the original start date of the league in April.
5. Working with Millennium Sunday A/B Division captain and USA Softball of PA District 6 commissioner Anthony SanFilippo on developing a new schedule.
6. Schedule a final league meeting (TBA) to collect any balance of league fees and distribute softballs.
Note: Teams who have paid their league fees in full and received their softballs - need not attend.
Here's what I need the league teams do and respond by no later than Wednesday, July 1st ...
1. Confirm if your team plans on playing a 9 week - 18 game schedule that will run from July 19th to September 20th (without rain-outs) and with playoffs extending into mid October.
Please let me know by email only at firstname.lastname@example.org of your intentions.
Questions can be directed to me or any of the league officers listed below.
With the help of the league coaches and their quick response to the above deadline the Millennium Sunday Softball League will continue to be in the forefront of organization and enjoy the competitiveness of each of its divisions.
Here are the 2020 Millennium Sunday league officers:
Millennium A/B Division
Millennium C Division
Millennium D/E Division
Millennium Rec Division