Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO
Edited by board administrator July 14, 2020, 7:34 pm
When we initially heard of Paulo’s health issues, we sent some money from Canada via Xoom. Donaldo picked it up at Elektra in Melaque and deposited it to Paulo’s parents account at Citibank/Banamex. He let Fanny know that the money was there. We realized that the medical costs to help Paulo were going to be significant and we decided to do a GoFundMe. This is my first attempt at it, but it has been pretty straight forward. Because we are in Canada, the funds show Canadian dollars and then the conversion in Mexican pesos when we send the funds to Mexico. (I am not sure how it works with US dollar donations, sorry). The GoFundMe page also shows the current amounts donated, so if you check on the link, you can see how much has been donated at any given time. We sent 22,000ps this morning (but there apparently is going to be a short delay because it was over the amount normally allowed. It has now been approved by PayPal but will still take a couple of days to reach Mexico.). Through the generosity of many people, $2115 Canadian has been raised as of 4:00 today.
Thank you to Donaldo for collecting the funds at Elektra (wearing a mask) and depositing to the family’s account at Banamex.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - Marie July 8, 2020, 12:07 pm
- Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - Lynne July 8, 2020, 3:22 pm
- Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - Marie July 8, 2020, 5:35 pm
- Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - nansee July 8, 2020, 9:17 pm
- Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - Wendy July 14, 2020, 6:11 am
- Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - wendy July 19, 2020, 11:23 pm
- Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - Joanne July 21, 2020, 11:04 pm
- Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - Joanne July 27, 2020, 11:48 pm
- Re: URGENT HELP FOR PAULO - Joanne Yesterday, 5:59 am
« Back to index | View thread »