La Manzanilla Message Board
[ Post a Response | La Manzanilla Message Board ]
La Manzanilla message board
Posted by Red on December 5, 2020, 2:54 pm, in reply to "Re: Beach
So very true Kathy. Every year I Bi--h and moan about truck loads of rock and sand being hauled off the beach. The consistently worst offender is a restaurant owner, mid town, who owns his own backhoe and 10 wheeler. I have asked him twice to just push the rocks back into the trench, where they came from! This year seems better, maybe he listened?
The rocks are the foundation for our beach. Natural tide and wave action brings the sand back from the bay after the Harvest Moon in late Oct. or early Nov. every year. The old timers who were born and raised locally have taught me this, by asking. The net outcome is that every truck load of rock and/or sand hauled off equals a smaller beach. And yes, another Barra could be the result.
But I have also learned to keep my own council. This beach belongs to the ejido and they will manage it as well as possible. Except when the county or state dictates or offers to pay the bill. And somehow the Feds think the constitution gives them ownership? Anyway, my two cents are not needed, confusing enough for all involved. rojo
Beach - Jeanf December 4, 2020, 4:16 pm
- Re: Beach - Stephanie December 5, 2020, 10:34 am
- Re: Beach - Stephanie December 5, 2020, 10:38 am
- Re: Beach - Boss, K December 5, 2020, 12:11 pm
- Re: Beach - Red December 5, 2020, 2:54 pm
- Re: Beach - Jeanne December 6, 2020, 11:25 am
- Re: Beach - Carol L. December 6, 2020, 2:25 pm
- Re: Beach - david dagoli December 6, 2020, 6:06 pm
- Re: Beach - david dagoli December 6, 2020, 6:43 pm
- Re: Beach - Rebecca December 6, 2020, 7:14 pm
- Re: Beach - Daniel H December 6, 2020, 8:58 pm
- Re: Beach - david dagoli December 6, 2020, 10:25 pm
- Re: Beach - Carol L. December 7, 2020, 7:34 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Terms of agreement
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info for more information about La Manzanilla Mexico.