Crossing by Land
Peace Arch (Douglas) Border Crossing, BC
We are a family of four who just returned home from New Zealand. I wanted to share details of our land crossing, which went smoothly.
*Please keep in mind restrictions are changing all the time. Check the Canadian gov and each stateís website for current information prior to traveling*
- March 7th
- New Zealand - LAX - Seattle - Peace Arch Crossing - Vancouver
- Citizenship: Canadians + 1 NZ citizen who is a Canadian PR
PCR Test: You MUST have a covid test from the USA when entering Canada by land. We did PCR tests at the outdoor lab at LAX terminal 6. $125USD; results emailed in 3-5 hours. You must book in advance. Quick & easy process. *If you are wondering whether a PCR test from another country will be accepted, it will not be. Our driver had previously had a passenger with a Mexican test turned away. In our case, they did not want to see our NZ test, only the US test.*
SeaTac to Peace Arch: Starline Town Car. $537 USD for their largest SUV including additional charges for two car seats and airport greeting. Efficient & reliable.
Border crossing - Peace Arch:
- The building is closed; drive through is the only option.
- Have ArriveCan confirmation printed; we showed US PCR results on our phone.
- Easy & efficient - we were the only vehicle there.
- Driver drove us through and dropped us off in the parking lot across from the Duty Free shop, where a family member was waiting to pick us up.
- You must complete a PCR test in a tent adjacent to the parking lot, and youíre provided with a take-home kit for a second test.
*For any Kiwis reading this, Iíve posted a more detailed / NZ-specific account in the Departing New Zealand group.
Safe travels home everyone!
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »
Responses are not allowed!
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info for more information about La Manzanilla Mexico.