AND . . . . HE'S OFF
Posted by Valerie D on January 20, 2021, 6:14 pm
Everardo left this morning to have his much needed cataract surgery. Cruz picked him up at 9 this morning and he was very excited. I heard from her briefly at 1:30 as she was waiting for him - and she joked that he must have been the last person in line! |
So, in the meantime, we have started the work on Everardo’s home. Men were there today clearing the lot and power washing the home. Clearing will continue tomorrow.
In 2 days time I’m thinking we should
1) break up the bathroom floor, = do not have a worker yet
2) break up the existing path from house to back yard and sink - no worker yet (same as above?)
The plumber and electrician will come in at that time to (already lined up)
1) advise location of drainage system for bathroom
2) layout of electrical
Then we can
1) dig the draining ditch (we have someone to do this but another would be appreciated)
2) install plumbing (jefe arranged but could use helper)
At the same time we can
1) fill in with concrete existing semi covered door
Then we can - (workers needed for this)
1) knock out windows from existing walls
2) new windows installed = (really basics will be around $4,000 each and it would be nice if he could get 3)
Now we can
1) pour the bathroom floor and walkway
Then we can . . . (okay, all of you who volunteered, I’ll let you know when we get closer)
Then we can do
1) Electricity (we have the jefe but a helper would be nice)
Already the number of people who are helping and have volunteered to help in the coming days has been overwhelming and heartwarming. I have also contacted a number of our local contractors who have provided guidance and offers of help.
When Everardo is home and we can determine where he would like shelves, placement of fridge, etc.
Concrete (including everything) - $4,800
Electrician & Plumber - $4,500
Paint - 30 gallons needed for interior home - $33,000 including brushes, etc.
Wood for shelving and labour to install (still working on costs)
As you can see, we need a lot of cash to do this, so please purchase tickets! If you do not wish to participate in the lottery, you can also donate directly to the fund anywhere tickets are being sold.
I may have left something out! But if I did or did not, I will be keeping you all informed of our progress.
THANK YOU LA MANZANILLA!