Re: Pamela on Sunday
Posted by Daniel H on September 12, 2021, 3:41 pm, in reply to "Pamela on Sunday"
"things change" yeah, it went from a 60% chance of becoming something to a 40% chance, that is about the only change. It never really had much of a chance to develop into a named storm which would have been Pamela as she is next on the list |
It was irresponsible (of sorts) of Conagua to post that prediction when it wildly contradicted what NOAA was predicting. Its not how you build confidence in a system and just another straw on the camels back of trust.
While the report is signed by a meteorologist I tend to believe they are just dumping data like lows, highs etc into a computer program and publishing the results without much human intervention. There are several programs that do that, some good some not so good or vice versa depending on different situations.
That said, there is something going on basically unrelated to that event down South and it does appear that we may get some rain in the next couple of days, possibly heavy at times but it won't be from a system that has a name or even a number.
They show it on the Conagua website but my confidence in them is low and I am not familiar with the way they show data, its confusing for me.
whis is easier to understand but equally dubious. Check out what the cumulitive rain is for the next 5 days......1 meter!
This message is locked.