Online writers' workshop
Posted by Dr. Linda Sonna on September 15, 2021, 9:18 pm
From Lightness to Laughter: How to Write Funny (Even if you’re not) |
Thursday, September 16, 2021, 2:00-4:00 p.m. CST, $5 USD or 100p MXN
Register at https://www.drsonna.org/humor
Humorless types & lifelong jokesters alike will learn the craft of lightning, brightening, & writing humorous text. Via the hands-on exercises, they’ll learn how to grow a funny bone or hone their current one.
Comic relief is essential for heightening the drama in works that are
• Dark (horror & suspense)
• Tense (action, true crime, & mystery)
• Sad (stories about abuse, death, & loss)
Dollops of humor make information-packed articles, essays, textbooks more inviting; they jazz up boring transitional scenes in fiction.
Writing that elicits smiles, titters, giggles, & guffaws delights readers…not to mention editors, publishers, agents, & contest judges.
Humor writing is as easy as one-two-three. As easy as do-re-mi. As easy as pie. Or make that: Humor writing is as easy as counting, humming, and bedpan emptying - and is definitely more fun!
Let the smiles begin!
• Check out my free online video presentation, Freeing Your Muse: Overcoming Writers’ Block sponsored by the Indie Authors Project at https://www.drsonna.org/block
• Read sample chapters from my Amazon Best Seller, Tortillas & Peanut Butter: True Confessions of an American Mom Turned Mexican Smuggler at https://www.drsonna.org/
• Please share this announcement with your writer friends.