1. He often times rolls his eyes to the side or straight up without knowing it. I noticed that this lessoned in the summer but it is very apparent again this school year.
2. He doesn't "get" things and when he brings them home and I explain it to him he does better although not as well as my two daughters did at his age. I'm not comparing I know that all children are different but this is something that sticks out.
3. He has been tested for LD and ADHD. There are some possibilites that he has ADHD but with medication even at average to slightly above average doses there is NO change in the way he processes info.
4. He reads well but it seems to overwhelm him. He does better if a word problem is read to him than he does if he reads it to himself.
5. He does not organize written work well. THis may be unrelated since he is a boy. It is just not important to him.
6. Math he does fine. Multiplication tables were very easy for him to memorize. He does not seem to be one who can figure out math problems with alternative methods. Memorization is easy but to giving him ways to do it quicker seesm to just confuse him.
7. A teacher mentioned processing problems to me last year and then I happened upon this. Is it similar to ADHD or totally different.
I desperately need ways to help him in school. He's a great kid. Lots of friends but is obviously slower then the rest and I don't want him to feel that he's not smart. I want to come up with ways that he will learn better that I may not be aware of. HELP
« Back to index