To qualify you must play USSSA/GSL Indiana. I have seen some posts about people chirping, " Are we bring our best" The answer is we are bring our best that play USSSA/GSL if they are available.
Below is a guideline on how to qualify for the 2023 season/2024 teams:
Some Coaches have earned the right to Coach again with their performance in this years Cup. It is theirs to lose. That will be based on participation, it has happened before.Those choices are tough to make,they have to be made as the challenge cup is to reward participating players and coaches.
The only way they could lose that honor is by not playing the program.
We had a lot of success so far in this year's cup, with more teams playing the next few weekends. Almost every team had a winning record.
Just a side note, I really like to stay away from player/coaches if all possible, because I need someone to put all their effort into the things it takes to run these.
Still only 2 States on the Cup at the Natl office ,Indiana and Florida. That is something we all should be proud of.
When Coaches are set, they will have different guidelines for picking players because all divisions are different. That is the best way that I know how to do it. It will be their choice.
We now have 3-4 Men's Conference teams. The Coach for the Men's Major will be determined by what team has the most points after the USSSA Conference Championship held at ISP. Based on Conference points.
Might possibly have 2 Men's C teams, the other Coach will be based on some kind of Criteria as well as for the Men's D and E.
Some of the other specialty program Coaches(Like BSC, 35, etc) will be picked early so they can select their players and get set.
The Uniform design will also be done early. Lot of you have ideas as I have heard from many. Send me a design if you want. Just remember, we have to use some sort of Indiana colors to be identified. It will be 100% mandatory that all teams use same design and vendor. I blew it on the fan wear this year, I want to get an early start.
1. Must be a resident in Indiana verified by drivers license, for most divisions.
2. Teams must be sanctioned in Indiana, if that is where the team resides. We will consider players from Indiana that play on out state teams, we will not consider players who are on true Indiana teams that sanction out state.
3. Teams must play 3-4 events/State and a World.
4. We will still have some auto qualifiers for players in some tournaments. They still have to pass the Comm and Coaches approval.
5. If the above does not work in some situations, we will consider players who do not meet these requirements, there is around 24 divisions , some have different rules. The concept of this is to reward players loyal to Indiana USSSA/GSL
If some divisions do not have tournaments held, we will choose those Coaches from our Committee..
I will start announcing some Coach's early because it gives them a head start to raise funds, secure players etc. Like our 35 and 40, possibly 50 will start early and play a few events and then go to the Challenge cup. We will have those Uniforms done early, that is what ALL teams will then wear. We will 100% all look alike this year.
So good luck to all teams and players this year.