To qualify you must play USSSA/GSL Indiana. I have seen some posts about people chirping, " Are we bring our best" The answer is we are bring our best that play USSSA/GSL if they are available.
Below is a guideline on how to qualify for the 2023 teams:
1. Must be a resident in Indiana verified by drivers license, for most divisions.
2. Teams must be sanctioned in Indiana, if that is where the team resides. We will consider players from Indiana that play on out state teams, we will not consider players who are on true Indiana teams that sanction out state.
3. Teams must play 3-4 events/State and a World.
4. We will still have some auto qualifiers for players in some tournaments. They still have to pass the Comm and Coaches approval.
5. If the above does not work in some situations, we will consider players who do not meet these requirements, there is around 24 divisions , some have different rules. The concept of this is to reward players loyal to Indiana USSSA/GSL
If some divisions do not have tournaments held, we will choose those Coaches from our Committee..
I will start announcing some Coach's early because it gives them a head start to raise funds, secure players etc. Like our 35 and 40, possibly 50 will start early and play a few events and then go to the Challenge cup. We will have those Uniforms done early, that is what ALL teams will then wear. We will 100% all look alike this year.
Last year we went with 12-13 teams and I expect we will go to around 15 for 2023.
We might have a coordinator for sectors of the Cup EX: Men's-Seniors-Women's BSC, etc. It makes it easier on me to do this, it was a lot of work coordinating 12-13 teams last year. This also gets more people involved in the program.
So good luck to all teams and players this year.