Now that we have one set of National Records and have established all the divisions... the new divisions will start to fill up and a national record will definitely be something requiring hard work and dedication to achieve.
We have not only established a single set of national records - we also changed the application form. A few helpful reminders to help the process proceed smoothly:
1. Write legibly and in block letters.
2. Put all national records you set in a qualified meet on one form http://www.nasa-sports.com/a.National.Records.2013/national_records.INDEX.html.
3. Mail to Fred Ashford, 10655 Portobelo Dr.,
San Diego, CA 92124...or...scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT send certified mail.
4. If you notice an error after the records have been dated and posted on the website... please email me the correction with detailed info.
5. Please, take your time filling out the form
I recommend doing it at home or in the hotel room the next day. Pull up the existing record and make sure you have set a new standard.
I update records 12 days after a national meet (or qualifying meet) giving y'all time to send it snail mail. Since the 'Open' and 'Grand Nationals' were close in date.... I will be updating all records 12 days after the Grand Nationals. This will give everyone a nice template of records going into World Cup.
Good luck, stay healthy, have fun. Remember, this stuff is supposed to be fun.