1) Any lifter can break any National Record at ANY meet as long as he/she is The Current National Record Holder....
2) Any lifter can break a National Record in any meet where the Total Number of entries exceed 100. It is highly recommended that these lifters be drug tested that day.
3) All National Records MUST be submitted and received by the National Records Chairman no later than 14 days after the completion of the competition where the record was conducted. No exceptions!
There were several reasons we passed the Rule that does not allow any lifter to simply show up at any meet and break our records. They are:
1) Lifters just dropping by, breaking NASA Records without any lifting history in NASA,
2) Lifters complaining that there wasn't enough competition at the National Meets,
3) the lack of lifters who were coming to National meets because they had easier judging for records at their local level,
4)Lifters complaining that the records weren't updated regularly, so we narrowed the number of meets where National Records could be broken so now we have accurate up to date records at most National meets on meet day.
When lifters complain, we listen. We have JUST decided to allow National Records to be broken at any meet as long as the lifter breaking the current Record is the Current National Record Holder. If the lifter is NOT the current National Record Holder they can NOT break a National Record at a State meet unless there are over 100 entries in that meet, period.