Re: But if this sort of stuff is gaining traction on fb ...
But if this sort of stuff is gaining traction with significant numbers of people on social media, despite being fake, then the interesting issues include:
* It's amazing the trouble people go to in composing such long sophisticated fakery.
-No its not. A half hour breeze on a keyboard.
* Why are people going to such lengths?
-Some of them get paid. The rest probably want paid or just like the sound of their own voice.
* Is it gaining traction or are there enough sensible people around to nullify its effect?
-You're giving it traction. I think its hogwash.
* How can this kind of propaganda be combated?
-by stopping yourself from re-posting shite.
- Lots of 'certainty' on display. No hard evidence either way. As usual. Truthhounds? Hah! And btw, - Rhisiart Gwilym July 10, 2020, 8:17 am
- Re: But if this sort of stuff is gaining traction on fb ... - Raskolnikov July 10, 2020, 9:49 am
- Re: But if this sort of stuff is gaining traction on fb ... - Mary July 10, 2020, 11:31 am
- You misreport me, at least, Ras: I say: collect ALL opinions, regardless of how they lean, check - Rhisiart Gwilym July 10, 2020, 12:07 pm
- Well said. nm - brooks July 10, 2020, 12:44 pm
- Tend to agree nm - Tomski July 10, 2020, 1:46 pm
- What's the point of this post - walter July 10, 2020, 7:23 pm