Terror arrests have surged by a staggering 660 per cent year-on-year because of support for Palestine Action, official figures reveal.
The pro-Palestine protest group was proscribed under terror laws in July this year. Hundreds of people have protested their terror ban by holding up signs saying “I oppose genocide, I support Palestine Action” – an act that is now an offence under terrorism legislation.
Government figures published on Thursday show that of the 1,886 arrests in the year up to September for terrorism-related activity – 1,630 or 86 per cent are linked to supporting Palestine Action.
The total number of terrorism-related arrests in the previous year was 248. Those arrested for support for Palestine Action were 4.4 times more likely to be female, and were considerably older than those normally arrested for terror offences.
The average age for arrests linked to supporting Palestine Action was 57, compared to 30 for non-Palestine Action-linked arrests.
In the months before the proscription of Palestine Action, between April and June 2025, there were 63 arrests for terror-related activity. This then increased by 2,608 per cent after Palestine Action’s ban, with 1,706 arrests recorded from July to September.
Palestine Action co-founder Huda Ammori has challenged the group’s proscription in the High Court, with her barristers arguing that the impact of the ban was “dramatic, severe, widespread and potentially lifelong”.
Raza Husain KC told judges that the decision by then-home secretary Yvette Cooper to proscribe the organisation in June 2025 was “novel and unprecedented”. He told the court: “This is the first direct action civil disobedience organisation that does not advocate for violence ever to be proscribed as terrorism.”
Then there's this:
https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/chaos-london-court-over-1500-palestine-action-cases-listed-one-day-after-defendants-informed
Over 1,500 people facing terrorism charges in connection with Palestine Action protests had their cases listed for hearings in London on Thursday, causing "chaos" in the city.
The campaign group Defend Our Juries (DOJ) reported that hundreds of people who faced terrorism charges for allegedly holding signs in support of the banned direct action group Palestine Action had been informed that their trials, initially scheduled for 30 July, were postponed until October.
However on Wednesday some 1,579 people - including those who had received letters notifying them of the adjournment - were listed for trials on Thursday by Westminster Crown Court.
Notices contained contradictory information. One letter seen by Middle East Eye informed the recipient that they “must attend” the 30 July hearing, before instructing them: “Please do not attend court” on that day.
DOJ said that the confusion is symptomatic of the “chaos” unleashed by the ban, which has sent the criminal justice system into “complete meltdown”.
The corporate media are complicit in the Gaza genocide.
Never forget what they did. Never forgive them for it.![]()
Responses