Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! Archived Message
Posted by spike on September 10, 2020, 8:57 pm, in reply to "Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained!"
Thanks to all for the kind messages, they are much appreciated. Mary, I wish you all the best in your wait for your results, Dan I hope your son avoids any serious illness and it is the croup and Gerard, thanks for the links, I'll have a good look this weekend although in the case of Marijuana I'm way ahead of you. One of the first people I told when the gravity of the situation became clear back in early February was Rhisiart, late of this parish. I know some of you have had your differences with him but he immediately sent me a trove of advice on alternative therapies, videos and a quantity of oil, all for free to someone he doesn't know and will likely never meet. He kept in touch while I went through the various stages in the lead up to the excision operation and did me the honour of including me in his meditations. The man's a legend. |
I hope some of you had the time to watch the video, which was the point of my original post and that the figures and graphs gave some of you pause for thought and some valuable context in the ongoing crisis. It is not my intention to trivialise Covid-19 but in my opinion it must be seen in the context of the dangers we all face living in our various societies, and its relative seriousness judged accordingly. No one of sound mind wants to see anyone die or wishes death upon another person, however death is a reality we all face, daily, as we go about our lives. The focus, to the exclusion of all else in the past 7 months, on this one particular vector of mortality has been a surreal experience to witness. Some 40,000 people have died here in the UK of/with Covid-19 and to the family and friends of each it will have been a tragedy, but what of the people whose cancers were diagnosed too late because GPs were unavailable? What of the people whose symptoms of heart disease were missed because doctors were only reachable by telephone? What of the people trapped in one bedroom flats for months on end? What of the massive rise on domestic violence? What of the suicides? What of the people still too scared to go to hospital to get treatment that might save their lives? The people thrown out of their houses because they can't make rent? The jobless now at the mercy of the cruel benefits system and on, and on. Each of these people, in the totality, are merely a number but, conversely, each number is a person and they all count. Aren't they as important as that 40,000? Where was their lockdown?
The bastards in charge won't let this go to waste and as we go into winter and the hysteria rises again, the govt will do all it can to nail down as many regressive policies as they can get away with, all in the name of Covid-19. A second wave is coming but not the one we're being told to expect and it's only by disobedience that it can be fought.
Here's a picture of my dog to cheer you up.
- Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - spike September 9, 2020, 10:01 pm
- Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - Grace September 10, 2020, 7:02 am
- Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - Tomski September 10, 2020, 8:58 am
- Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - Alan haynes September 10, 2020, 10:54 am
- Best wishes - Shyaku September 10, 2020, 11:56 am
- Sorry to hear you've been ill Spike. best wishes. nm - dan September 10, 2020, 5:25 pm
- Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - spike September 10, 2020, 8:57 pm
- Good luck Spike - Keith-264 September 11, 2020, 9:04 am
- Funny if it wasn't so expensive...? - Gerard September 17, 2020, 2:39 pm