Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! Archived Message
Posted by dan on September 11, 2020, 12:25 pm, in reply to "Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained!"
Spike, you are not alone. |
I would say it's hard to find a reliable narrator in any online material I read. Worse, the GiCs are almost certainly also providing lies to both sides of the debate. Would it be a surprise if Dominic Cummings was enacting facemask mandates whilst also circulating "evidence" of their inefficacy, the purpose to cause confusion prevent collective action as cover for futher depredation?
I would say it's now almost impossible to make a prediction beyond next week and anyone who draws a graph with a projection on it is making things up. There are so many confounding factors that similarly it's now pretty hard to discern what's just happened and this great certainty is again a dishonesty.
Again just to give out some more personal testimony as a balance.
I know that most of the London ICUs were ventilating people in expanded areas using anaesthetic machines rather than ventilators. It's an idiosyncratic point but although both provide oxygen to asleep patients they are built for two completely different purposes. One to to perform breathing for asleep surgical patients with normal lungs during operations, the other to keep people with lung failure alive. The best metaphor I can come up with is - trying to keep people alive on an anaesthetic machine is like cornering in a Robin Reliant. It can be done but if you push it it's far more likely to end badly. It is as badly designed for purpose as that. The disease is different in the lungs to flu - the clots are a real problem but part of the doubling in ICU mortality in fit patients, compared with flu, may be the reliance on anaesthesia.
There are still no new ventilators 6 months after the fact. If there is another surge we will do no better than we did in March which is so saddening.
It will again be impossible to provide surgical operations as all the anaesthetic machines are used up for 6 -8 weeks and then need to be stripped and decontaminated in all hospitals at the same time by the few service engineers available.
Germany did not have this problem as they have 4 times the ICU ventilator capacity and miraculously limited spread. It would be interesting to see what their prior seasonal mortality figures were like. They certainly had looser lockdown, in part possible because they have testing units which come to your home. Still they have anti mask protest so it can't be perfect.
Too much data for me to know anything.
Confusion will reign and what will be will be.
Post what you like I'm sure it's in good faith.
- Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - spike September 9, 2020, 10:01 pm
- Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - Grace September 10, 2020, 7:02 am
- Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - Tomski September 10, 2020, 8:58 am
- Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - Alan haynes September 10, 2020, 10:54 am
- Best wishes - Shyaku September 10, 2020, 11:56 am
- Sorry to hear you've been ill Spike. best wishes. nm - dan September 10, 2020, 5:25 pm
- Re: Viral Issue Crucial Update Sept 8th: the Science, Logic and Data Explained! - spike September 10, 2020, 8:57 pm
- Good luck Spike - Keith-264 September 11, 2020, 9:04 am
- Funny if it wasn't so expensive...? - Gerard September 17, 2020, 2:39 pm