Re: - coalition in Venezuela (oops, truncated the title, nm) Archived Message
Posted by Mary on October 21, 2020, 3:37 pm, in reply to "- coalition in Venezuela (oops, truncated the title, nm)"
Referred to in the piece. We thought the witch was dead but her name lives on. |
Cash raised for Margaret Thatcher centre spent on right‑wing events
Dominic Kennedy, Investigations Editor
February 28 2019
A portrait of Baroness Thatcher commissioned by the University of Buckingham, which was chosen as the location for the centre
An appeal raising funds to create a visitor centre dedicated to Baroness Thatcher has instead spent much of its fortune encouraging young people to support right-wing beliefs.
The Tory MP Conor Burns is under scrutiny by the Charity Commission over his involvement in the British wing of a transatlantic campaign that was supposed to build a museum and library devoted to the former prime minister.
An investigation by The Times has found that most donations to the Margaret Thatcher Centre’s US fundraising vehicle came from the billionaire Robert Mercer, President Trump’s top donor. He set up Cambridge Analytica, the consulting company that controversially became involved in data mining, and bankrolled Steve Bannon, the alt-right activist.
Conor Burns is facing scrutiny from the Charity CommissionConor Burns is facing scrutiny from the Charity Commission
It can also be revealed that, after a public appeal…
Burns is still around.
'Conor Burns (born 24 September 1972) is a British Conservative Party politician and former public relations executive serving as Member of Parliament (MP) for Bournemouth West since 2010. He has resigned from Her Majesty's Government three times, the latest being from his position as Minister of State for Trade Policy in May 2020, after a Standards Committee inquiry found he had made "veiled threats" to use privilege to "further his family's interests" during a financial dispute involving his father.'
He left Truss's department in May.
Quel creep. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Burns
- Revealed: UK Foreign Office has spent nearly half a million pounds in aid setting up anti-government - sashimi October 21, 2020, 2:48 pm
- - coalition in Venezuela (oops, truncated the title, nm) - sashimi October 21, 2020, 2:49 pm
- Re: - coalition in Venezuela (oops, truncated the title, nm) - Mary October 21, 2020, 3:37 pm
- "Overseas Aid" ...and the public think it means " clean water & porridge for hungry babies..." nm - Ken Waldron October 21, 2020, 4:35 pm
- Re: Revealed: UK Foreign Office has spent nearly half a million pounds in aid setting up anti-government - Mary October 22, 2020, 9:59 am