Never understood how McTernan flies...
Posted by Ken Waldron on April 7, 2021, 1:47 am, in reply to "John Macternan rates Starmer A+ on Galloway show"
...every political call he makes falls on its arse in ignominy. From a couple of years ago: |
"...McTernan in fact has the "Midas touch"... unfortunately unlike the Phrygian king it came to him in reverse. As everything Midas touched for good or ill, turned to gold, everything McTernan touches turns instantly to shit.
Likewise his hand at political prophesy is only golden as far as ordure is:
– Wants to send British troops back to Iraq
– Said “a Tory revival would be good for Scotland”.
- Said Tories should crush the unions ‘once and for all’.
– Insists that “privatisation is good for the NHS”
-declared "Hillary Clinton can’t lose..."
- said George Osborne wasn’t radical enough – should merge the police with the fire service because; “THERE ARE NO FIRES ANYMORE”.
– And that Margaret Thatcher privatising the railways was a “triumph” which must be “protected” from trade unions
– And that “liberal whingers are wrong – we should shut our libraries”
– And that the living wage would be “a disaster for jobs”
– Wants to sell off Scottish Water and the Forestry Commission, reintroduce bridge tolls and end free personal care for the elderly
– And thinks charging students tuition fees is “a no-brainer”
– Reckons “Labour didn’t go nearly far enough” when courting the markets and big companies like Tesco
– Claims the UK subsidises Scotland by £10-20bn a year
– Believes that “nuclear deterrence is socialist”
– And that Labour would have done “much better” if it “had never flirted with pacifism/unilateralism”
– Thinks that “we need to listen to Theresa May” and surrender lots more civil liberties to the security services
– Deliberately provoked a 2012 race riot in Australia which led to a major crackdown on the employment of foreigners
– But claims to be an “internationalist”
– He thinks MPs are underpaid
– Predicted “a convincing victory” for Labour three months before the 2011 Holyrood election
– And said just two weeks before it that Labour could still win, so long as it campaigned much more negatively
– And after Labour lost to an SNP landslide, insisted that there would not be an independence referendum.
-Described the Corbyn manifesto as "‘the shortest suicide note in history"but.. recently joined Momentum, so going by the record of the "McTernan touch" its guaranteed to turn to shit now...