Re: MECH5 - Cloud based diagnostics #
Posted by Luke Fryer on June 5, 2014, 5:01 pm, in reply to "MECH5 - Cloud based diagnostics #"
Hi Guys, |
Just to clarify a few points.
There are no plans for the Superscan software (ASM-X) to be stopped. In fact, if MECH5 gets funded from Kickstarter then it will help development of both systems. To be clear, MECH5 is ASM-X in the Cloud. The ASM-X software will only work with a Superscan 2 or 3 and anyone who is in subscription will get MECH5 access when it eventually becomes available - which is hopefully sooner rather than later. We don't expect everyone to use or even like MECH5 but it has many appealing aspects:
- Works on any internet connected device – phone, tablet, laptop (Windows / Apple / Android)
- Works with many VCI’s not just the Superscan although works best with Superscan 2/3 or our SCAN5 obd device when it is ready
- Low cost and no contracts (Pro version £30 for 30 days and even better rates if paying for 1 year upfront).
- Huge potential for 3rd party integration from Tech Info, Parts and other related providers
- Helps retain your customers by offering direct remote support
- Ability to assist other professional technicians remotely
- We talk a lot about its remote ability but most mechanics will use it while in their workshop using their Tablet while beside the car
We see MECH5 being used to perform remote assessment of customers vehicles which should give you a good idea what the issue is after accessing DTC's, Live Data, Actuation tests or Special functions. You then discuss with the customer the next step depending on the problem - how you charge for this service is up to you.
The enthusiast versions are limited to the number of cars they can access in a 30 day period and also limited in the advanced functions but still giving them the ability to do service related repairs should they wish. Also, we think enthusiast will be more interested in the Dashboard app we’re developing that will pull lots of information from MECH5 to display in the app that's simply not possible in other apps.
We think it's an amazing development and we're really proud of what we've already achieved. We strongly believe Cloud Diagnostics is the future and we'd love your support on Kickstarter if at all possible.