User logged in as UKAT2638
Posted by John Ritchie on May 5, 2012, 10:48 pm, in reply to "Re: Renault
John Ritchie | Message modified by user UKAT2638 May 5, 2012, 10:48 pm
I also found out like Sean a while back with a defective indicator switch on a passat.I purchased the part from tps , faulty part was not covered by them and was asked to go to dealer .My customer was happy to take it to the dealer as he was going through that way but to my surprise they didn't even look at it , i think the words from the manager was " we didn't fit it or sell the part so why should we replace it foc " & went on to say to my customer there would be no way they "adva***ge vw" would replace their defective part as long as he was manager .
Obviously i had an unhappy customer on the phone so called the service manager in question about this issue & was told the same .I offered to pay the full amount for the repair under warranty until the claim was credited so there would be no impact on them ...they refused.
I called tps and stated my case and wanted phone number for vw warranty .To be fair they contacted vw who did contact dealer and said due to vehicle having an indicator fault vw would be held liable and therefore the dealer in question also as it was a safety issue and had been reported to their agent .
It was a nice feeling having their service manager on the phone eating humble pie
I do feel if this part wasn't safety related then i would have had to replace it myself .I still use tps but am cautious on certain parts.
Our local Renault dealer charge for diagnostic tests under warranty as Renault wont pay
Renault - Warranty claims # - Tony Gould April 19, 2012, 11:23 am
- Re: Renault - Tom Williams April 19, 2012, 8:40 pm
- Re: Renault - Mark Tranter April 20, 2012, 8:50 am
- Re: Renault - Tony Gould April 20, 2012, 3:26 pm
- Re: Renault - Tony Attwood April 20, 2012, 6:57 pm
- Re: Renault - Sean Mc Gettigan April 20, 2012, 11:00 pm
- Re: Renault - Mark Tranter April 21, 2012, 7:50 pm
- Re: Renault - Tony Gould April 23, 2012, 10:05 am
- Re: Renault - Nick Favell April 23, 2012, 12:48 pm
- Re: Renault - Andy Mason April 24, 2012, 8:36 am
- Re: Renault - John Ritchie May 5, 2012, 10:48 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Copyright © uk autotalk
terms & conditions please read