Re: Insurance #
User logged in as UKAT2584
Posted by Colin on January 30, 2013, 12:58 am, in reply to "Re: Insurance #
I had my rep 'removed' and I was told to deal directly with their office at renewal a couple of years back. I spoke to him and he wanted to carry on but said his hands were tied but if I cared to tell axa that I wanted his services they would transfer my account back to him! I duly told their office this and sure enough they transferred me back. I have to say I was most amazed that it happened. He said at the time they were trying to move the smaller accounts away from the reps.
As I don't employ the employers liability hasn't affected me. I did argue a point about driving other vehicles not owned by me for sd & p for both myself and my wife which they did cover for an extra £100.00. Handy if I borrow my son's vehicles or my wife has to drive her fathers car.
It really is a mine field though and I dread it each year at renewal time.
My son runs a policy which is slightly different in that he deals with both road and race Caterham 7's, both at his premises and various tracks and the specialist insurers do seem to have a grasp on his needs. I did try them for myself but as I have no 'race' requirements they were not interested.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Insurance # - Paul Goswell January 29, 2013, 11:14 am
- Re: Insurance # - Peter Warman January 29, 2013, 2:52 pm
- Re: Insurance # - Colin Jupp January 29, 2013, 7:17 pm
- Re: Insurance # - Pete Mutlow January 29, 2013, 9:36 pm
- Re: Insurance # - Graham Bullock January 29, 2013, 11:54 pm
- Re: Insurance # - Colin January 30, 2013, 12:58 am
- Re: Insurance # - Mick Partington January 30, 2013, 8:44 pm
- Re: Insurance # - Joe McGeoghan February 7, 2013, 9:22 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Copyright © uk autotalk
terms & conditions please read