Re: What's going on with Rhisiart? Archived Message
Posted by Mick Travis on September 13, 2020, 7:32 am, in reply to "Re: What's going on with Rhisiart?"
...if doctors have decided that facemasks are cutting down transmission, so be it... |
Well I am a doctor in the NHS, and unfortunately - along with all doctors in today’s NHS including (apparently) “Dan” - I don’t have the power to decide anything. The slow-burn of Thatcher/Blair/Cameron “reforms” to the NHS has placed ultimate strategic decision-making power firmly in the hands of managers who dutifully and blankly pass down political instructions from the Department of Health in the name of “Evidence-Based Medicine”. Clinical autonomy has all but disappeared, and the sad thing is that most younger doctors - products of the new corporatised “do as you’re told, think as you’re told” university system, don’t see anything wrong with this at all (more than that, they don’t even see that it is a problem).
The Bolshy, golfing old boys who ran the British medical profession back when I was in medical school, have pretty much all taken early retirement now, driven out by the roboticised, woke, protocol culture of NHS managerialism. The old boys knew how to think for themselves, and they knew how to weigh and judge and if necessary argue about real scientific evidence - a skill that seems to have been ditched amongst younger medics in favour of blind, polite obedience to what “The Evidence” says - no matter how self-evidently ludicrous.
The following Ivor Cummins vid was posted on here a few days ago - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8UvFhIFzaac
- and I actually regard this as the best, most lucid presentation of data and scientific reasoning on covid I have seen, as opposed to the shouty opinions that has invariably characterised the debate on both sides.
I hadn’t realised that Rhisiart had been banned from the board for posting arguments that call into question the official line on masks. I have been an occasional poster to TLN for a number of years, and find the fact that Rhisiart - an ebullient, jocular, unceasingly respectful elderly Welshman with a critical eye and a sharp wit - has been banned from the board for DoublePlusUnGoodWrongThink on covid, and by a doctor at that, rather chilling.
|Message Thread: | This response ↓|
- What's going on with Rhisiart? - Thomas Newfield September 12, 2020, 9:18 pm
- Re: What's going on with Rhisiart? - Davey F September 12, 2020, 11:25 pm
- Re: What's going on with Rhisiart? - brooks September 12, 2020, 11:46 pm
- Doesn't look like he'll be coming back here now, given responses below .. - David Macilwain September 13, 2020, 12:15 am
- Re: What's going on with Rhisiart? - Shyaku September 13, 2020, 1:33 am
- He was banned for a month for spamming....nm - Keith-264 September 13, 2020, 3:39 am
- Re: What's going on with Rhisiart? -- he's over there ->[FiveFilters.org - Sinister Burt September 13, 2020, 11:28 am
- Re: What's going on with Rhisiart? - Poster123 September 13, 2020, 1:39 pm
- Re: What's going on with Rhisiart? - Focus September 13, 2020, 6:49 pm
- I didn't come here looking for an echo chamber .. - Shyaku September 13, 2020, 9:18 pm